02. Yaa kundendu tushaara haara dhavala
Yaa shubhra vastraanvita |
Yaa veena varadanda manditakara
Yaa shwetha padmaasana |
Yaa Bramhaachuta Shankara prabrutibih
Devai sadaa poojita |
Saamaam paatu Saraswati Bhagavati
Nishesha jaadyapaha ||
Tatah-kim, tatah-kim, tatah-kim, tatah-kim ||
04. Yam Bramhaa Varunendra Rudra marutah
Stunvanti divyaistavaih |
Vedai saanga padakramopanishadair-
Gaayanti yam saamagaaha |
Dhyaanaavastita tadgatena manasa
Pashyanti yam yogino |
Yasyaantam navi dussuraasura ganaah
Devaaya tasmai namah ||
05. Tvameva maata cha pitaa tvameva
Tvameva bandhuscha sakha tvameva |
Tvameva vidyaa dravinam tvameva
Tvameva sarvam mama deva deva ||
Sarvecha sukhinassantu sarve santu niramayaaha |
Sarve bhadrani pashyantu maa kaschith dukha bhaagbhaveth ||
Om shantih shantih shantih ||
|| Harih om Tatsat ||
01. You are the one who is not touched by the cycle of birth or death , the one without any blemishes , who is omnipresent , one who is all knowledgeable and blessed with all virtues and it is you , in whom all meaning resides, who is self dependent and self aware, a combination of goodness , intellect and joy. Our pranams to you , Lord Ganesha , a reflection of our consciousness ( soul)
02. An epitome of purity, like the moon without any scars: like the fragrance of the sandalwood, blemishes like snow, and like the whiteness of jasmine flowers and the sheen of a pearl (someone who is selfless, shares knowledge without any personal gain) , wearing pure white clothes ( whose heart is clean ) and one who is seated on a white lotus and plays the veena , one who is the favourite of the trinity of Gods – Bramha, Vishnu and Maheshwara . Oh! Saraswati , you are such a Goddess of knowledge and piety . Please destroy all the layers of ignorance and help me discard my ego.
03. What is the use of having a healthy body, graceful physique, great fame, great tools and knowledge, if we do not surrender ourselves – our knowledge and intellect at the feet of our guru, the one who helps us gain knowledge and directs us to the right path? Complete faith in a Guru’s touch is essential in today’s world.
04. Bramha , Indra, Vayu, Varuna , Rudra and other Gods , who, inspite of their power bow down to thee, the Creator . You are the focus of the chantings of the Vedic hymns by the sages, who attain you by their tapas. You are the one whose identity is not understood either by Gods, demons or humans. Such is the power and reach of the universal deity. I bow down to such an entity.
05. You are the mother; father, brother, relative and friend. You are all – knowing and all forms of knowledge. You are the basis of my life. You are everything to me.
06. May there be peace, joy and prosperity in everybody’s lives. May all the sufferings and difficulties go away from all lives.